The Saori WX60 loom is a modern, stylish and beautifully designed folding floor loom. The high quality cherry wood frame, smooth weaving action and numerous weaver-friendly features make the WX60 an exceptionally attractive, versatile and comfortable loom.
Surprisingly lightweight for a floor loom, the WX60 is hard-wearing and stable in use and is suitable for a wide range of weaving projects. It comes with all the accessories you need to weave and is pre-threaded with a warp, so you can start weaving straight away.
The assembled WX60 features:
- Beautiful wooden frame, the whole loom is designed for simplicity, comfort and stability
- Includes all accessories you need to start weaving (inbuilt bobbin winder, pre-wound warp, shuttle, bobbins and threading hooks)
- The loom folds and unfolds in an instant - with your weaving in progress - making it ideal for easy storage and transport. The folding mechanism is secured and released with a simple latch system
- At just 25cm wide when folded, it is ideal for space-saving
- Highly portable. At 13.5kg, it is easy for one adult to pick up and move around. Wheels are available to make moving the loom even easier
- The spacious shed, wide shuttle race and simple counterbalance harness mechanism make the loom very smooth and ergonomic in use
- Unique ‘Clipping Tying Rod’ enables you to cut lengths of finished cloth from the loom as you go without having to re-tie the warp threads each time
- Features a simple, maintenance-free, friction braking system
- Front and rear brakes are accessible from a seated position so you don't have to get up and down each time you need to advance the warp
- The 60cm maximum weaving width is very comfortable for most adults to use
- Wire heddles have extra large holes to facilitate threading and enable you to use heavier weight yarns (such as handspun) in your warp
- Already threaded with a 30cm wide, 6m long black cotton warp
- Fitted with a useful shuttle shelf to keep tools safely out of the way while not in use
- Compatible with all Saori pre-wound warps
- Loom comes ready-assembled. Just insert the pre-threaded warp, attach the bobbin winder and shuttle shelf and you are ready to start weaving
The WX60 is also available unassembled. It takes approximately 2-3 hours to assemble and thread and is a fairly straightforward process with good instructions. The price is the same but because the box is much smaller then shipping is considerably cheaper, especially if you are ordering from outside the UK. I do have one unassembled loom in stock at present, contact me for more details and a quote for shipping.