The Saori WX60 loom is a modern, stylish and beautifully designed folding floor loom. The high quality cherry wood frame, smooth weaving action and numerous weaver-friendly features make the WX60 an exceptionally attractive, versatile and comfortable loom.
Surprisingly lightweight for a floor loom, the WX60 is hard-wearing and stable in use and is suitable for a wide range of weaving projects. It comes with all the accessories you need to weave and is pre-threaded with a warp, so you can start weaving straight away.
The assembled WX60 features:
- Beautiful wooden frame, the whole loom is designed for simplicity, comfort and stability
- Includes all accessories you need to start weaving (inbuilt bobbin winder, pre-wound warp, shuttle, bobbins and threading hooks)
- The loom folds and unfolds in an instant - with your weaving in progress - making it ideal for easy storage and transport. The folding mechanism is secured and released with a simple latch system
- At just 25cm wide when folded, it is ideal for space-saving
- Highly portable. At 13.5kg, it is easy for one adult to pick up and move around. Wheels are available to make moving the loom even easier
- The spacious shed, wide shuttle race and simple counterbalance harness mechanism make the loom very smooth and ergonomic in use
- Unique ‘Clipping Tying Rod’ enables you to cut lengths of finished cloth from the loom as you go without having to re-tie the warp threads each time
- Features a simple, maintenance-free, friction braking system
- Front and rear brakes are accessible from a seated position so you don't have to get up and down each time you need to advance the warp
- The 60cm maximum weaving width is very comfortable for most adults to use
- Wire heddles have extra large holes to facilitate threading and enable you to use heavier weight yarns (such as handspun) in your warp
- Already threaded with a 30cm wide, 6m long black cotton warp
- Fitted with a useful shuttle shelf to keep tools safely out of the way while not in use
- Compatible with all Saori pre-wound warps
- Loom comes ready-assembled. Just insert the pre-threaded warp, attach the bobbin winder and shuttle shelf and you are ready to start weaving
The WX60 is also available unassembled. It takes approximately 2-3 hours to assemble and thread and is a fairly straightforward process with good instructions. The price is the same but because the box is much smaller then shipping is considerably cheaper.
At the moment I only have unassembled WX60s in stock but if you would prefer the assembled version then I should have these available again from mid-September.