The SX60 is the original Saori folding loom. Beautifully designed and ergonomic, it has a part-metal frame which is a little more robust than the all-wood frame of the WX60, making it a good choice if you are planning to take the loom out about a lot.
The SX60 is lightweight, hardwearing, very stable in use and is suitable for a wide range of weaving projects. It has the same exceptionally smooth weaving action and multiple weaver-friendly features as the WX60 and comes with all the accessories you need to weave. Like all pre-assembled Saori looms, it is pre-threaded with a cotton warp, so you can start weaving straight away.
The SX60 is also available in a taller version - the SX60H - which is 5cm taller than the standard WX60 and SX60 looms, giving more legroom for taller weavers.
- High-quality birch wood and tan metal frame
- Includes all accessories you need to start weaving (inbuilt bobbin winder, pre-wound warp, shuttle, bobbins and threading hooks)
- The loom folds and unfolds in an instant, with your weaving in progress, making it ideal for easy storage and transport. The folding mechanism is secured and released with a simple latch system
- At just 23cm wide when folded, it is ideal for space-saving
- Highly portable, though slightly heavier than the WX60 it is still light enough for one adult to pick up and move around
- The open shed, wide shuttle race and simple counterbalance harness mechanism make the loom very smooth and ergonomic in use
- Unique 'Clipping Tying Rod' enables you to cut finished cloth from the loom as you go without having to re-tie the warp threads each time
- Front and rear brakes are accessible from seated position so you do not have to get up and down each time you need to advance the warp
- The 60cm maximum weaving width is very comfortable for most adults to use
- Wire heddles have extra large holes to make threading easier and means you can use heavier weight yarns in your warp
- Comes already warped with a 30cm wide, 6m long black cotton warp
- Fitted with a useful shuttle shelf to keep your shuttle and spare bobbins safely out of the way but still in reach whilst weaving
- Compatible with all Saori pre-wound warps
- Loom comes already assembled. Just insert the pre-threaded warp, attach the bobbin winder and shuttle shelf and you are ready to start weaving
I usually get the SX60 and SX60H in to order. If you would like one then please contact me, it will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.