The Saori Piccolo40 loom is, quite simply, a revolutionary floor loom. With a sleek, chrome-plated modern look, the Piccolo is the most lightweight and compact portable floor loom available.
Designed with the attention to detail and high specification you would expect from a Saori loom and weighing just 7kg, the Piccolo lets you travel and weave wherever you want.
On the full height setting, the breastbeam is only 1cm lower than the Saori WX60 and SX60 so it does not compromise comfort for the weaver. The adjustable height settings mean that the whole loom can be lowered without removing the warp, making it a great loom to use with children too.
Overall, the Piccolo is a wonderfully strong and versatile loom.
- Lightweight, robust metal tubing
- Folded depth is 25cm, ideal for space-saving
- Folds and unfolds in an instant, with your weaving in progress, ideal for easy transport and storage. The folding mechanism is secured and released with a simple latch system
- 40cm maximum waving width allows you to produce very usable cloth
- The open shed, wide shuttle race and simple counterbalance harness mechanism make the loom very smooth and ergonomic in use and weaving a pleasure
- The unique Saori 'Clipping Tying Rod' enables you to cut lengths as you go without having to re-tie warp each time
- The rear brake is controlled by an ingenious lever, operated from a sitting position - no need to get up and down each time you want to advance the warp
- Integrated bobbin winder that can easily be removed if needed for travel or to use separately
- Useful shelf gives you somewhere to keep multiple bobbins and your shuttle close to hand
- Wire heddles have extra large holes to make threading easier and means you can use heavier weight yarns in warp
- Comes already warped with a 150 thread (30cm) wide, 6m long black cotton warp
- Compatible with any Saori pre-wound warp up to 200 threads (40cm) wide
- Comes already assembled - just 30 mins unboxing and you are ready to start weaving
- Includes all the accessories you need to start weaving including a 5DCM reed, shuttle, 15 bobbins and 2 threading hooks